School Passport’s PII Shield offers all the benefits of using PII data while mitigating most of the cost and risk.
Product: SP Connect (Data-Sync) Module
Privileges: Primary Admin privileges
PII Shield Reduces Overhead Costs, While Meeting Needs
PII Shield anonymizes personal identifiable information before it reaches your platform while still allowing for personalization, authentication, and communication with end-users.
You can still achieve your goals while using PII Shield
Accounts for Each User
School Passport provides anonymized data, removing PII before your application or staff ever gets access. It leaves just enough to create accounts and link them together.
We have EdTechs that receive no PII, we have EdTechs that just enable the first name. Enable as much or as little of the PII data as your risk profile allows.
Manage Logins with SSO
Single sign-on is our bread and butter, you don’t need PII to allow access to your application. Just enable SSO with any of our open standards SAML, OAUTH, or LTI.
Communicate with Users
We offer Communications APIs in our platform. Simply share the message you need to be delivered to our APIs, and we will get to where it needs to go. No emails or phone numbers are required.
How to enable PII Shield on SP Connect (Data-Sync) Module
To enable PII Shield, please follow the instructions below:
- Login to your School Passport profile, and navigate to Connect (Data-Sync) module;
- Click on the Vendor's App icon;
- On the App dashboard, click on the blue REQUEST CHANGES button in the top-right corner;
- The Data Access Consent screen will appear. Navigate to the PII Shield section, and drag the slide to enable functionality;
- Details screen will appear. Read for which attributes PII Shield will be applied.
- If you would like to add a few more attributes, make corresponding changes in the Data Quality section.
- Click on the APPLY button to enable PII Shield.