Product: SP Connect (Data-Sync) Module
Privileges: Primary Admin privileges
Applying app filters is a way for application partners (Vendors) to manage the data that districts share. Many applications only need access to limited data for their integrations. For example, some applications only require section data for specific subjects, while others only need data for schools that have licenses. To resolve this issue, applications can create filters to ensure they receive only the data they need, increasing data privacy and enhancing integration quality.
To set up a Filter Rule for the Vendor (Export) App, follow the instruction below:
- Log in to your School Passport profile, and navigate to Connect (Data-Sync) module;
- In the Home section, click on the Vendor (Export) App icon and choose the Filter Rules tab;
- Click on the “+Add Filter Rule”. The configuration screen will appear;
- Choose the entity type based on which you want to filter data (student, contact, teacher, course, class, calendar, admin):
- Once you have selected the required entity, you will be prompted to choose the ready-made templates (based on the most popular attributes utilized for filtering a particular entity). If you do not find the required attributes, select the "Custom Filter by...";
- In the parameters window, fill in mandatory fields such as Attributes, Condition, Value, and choose the Included Linked. The Included Linked parameter determines which data entities will be filtered alongside for which filtering rule is configured;
- The configuration rule can be configured based on several attributes. To add another attribute, click on “+Add Filter” at the bottom.
- Once the configuration process is complete, click on the DONE button (top right corner of the parameter window) and click on the SAVE button to apply changes.
Note: Another function that allows District Admins to filter the data shared with the vendor is “Request Changes.”
For more details click here.