Product: SP Connect (Data Sync) Module
Privileges: Primary Admin privileges, users privileges
Rostering applications support Secure Data Sync from the district's student information system (SIS) to the School Passport Platform, which is then synced to your connected rostering applications. Up-to-date rostering data is maintained in your Connect (Data-Sync) module. School Passport is developed to be the most secure and convenient way for districts to send data to vendors and grant access to learning applications for the users.
The Roster Data Sync process consists of four steps.
- The school district transfers its data to SP Connect (Data Sync) module through API SIS or SFTP upload.
- District admins set up which data is being shared with a specific application. One should also set up data sync expiration time, and enable/disable PII Shield.
- The vendor’s application pulls all available data from SP Connect (Data Sync) module (typically daily).
- Student, teacher, and staff accounts are automatically created in the applications. Roster applications regularly get updated with any changes made in the SIS through SP Connect (Data Sync) module.
There are three sub-types of Rosters Application:
- Import Apps - data source applications that can be used to import data from the organization to the SP Connect (Data Sync) module;
- Export Apps - applications that are utilized for data sharing from SP Connect (Data Sync) module with Vendors;
- 2-way Sync - applications related to mirroring the data between some organization(s) and the SP Connect (Data Sync) module. It means all newly created records in one app should be instantly (or near-instantly) created in the other one, and all updates of already existing records should be reflected in the records of the other app.
(e.g., SIS ⇄ School Passport ⇄ Vendors App).