Users refer to each person using a School Passport at all levels, including Administrators, teachers, non-teaching staff, students, or parents. Teachers, staff, students and parents are also called end-users because they utilize all of the educational tools available on School Passport without the necessity of having Administrator’s privileges.
The Users tab includes 5 following subtabs:
- Active Directory Sync;
- G Suite Sync;
- ADFS Config;
To get to the Users subsection of the Users tab select the Users item from the menu list. The following screen will appear.
The screen is divided into two parts: search & setting section, and selected users section.
In the search & setting section, you can search for a specific user within the selected Organization. It is possible to view users from different Organizations, selecting the desired Organization from the pull-down menu.
In this section, you can also set the number of records (users) to be displayed per page.
In the Selected Users section, the table with the users is displayed. Above the table, there are different functions that could be applied to a selected user. You can also add new users from this spot.
To add a user:
- Click the add user link (person icon) next to the Add User(s) section.
- The Add User screen will appear. Fill in the information.
- Click the SUBMIT button to finish the process. The new user will be displayed in the table.
To assign a Role to one or more users:
- Check the checkbox(es) next to the user(s) for whom you want to assign the Role. Select the Assign Role link (with the gear icon).
- The Edit User(s) Role popup will appear. Use the User Role pull-down menu to select the Role you want to assign to a selected user.
- Click OK to confirm the updates or CANCEL to dismiss the changes.
To assign a Class to one or more users:
- Check the checkbox(es) next to the user(s) for whom you want to assign the Class. Select the Assign Class link (gear icon).
- The Choose Classes popup will appear. Check the checkbox(es) next to the Class(es) to which you want to assign the selected user(s).
- Click SUBMIT to confirm the updates or CANCEL to dismiss the changes.
This function allows the admin to email login information (username and password) to any user(s) who have been added directly within the Admin Console and who have not yet activated their School Passport account(s) by logging into the application. To do this, check the names of the user(s) to whom you wish to send the notification, check the checkbox next to the name(s) and click the Send Notification link (envelope icon). The Admin Console will use the email address(es) currently assigned to the selected user(s).
To delete one or more users from School Passport:
- Check the checkbox(es) next to the user(s) name(s) you want to delete.
- Select the Delete link (X icon). The Confirm popup will appear.
- Click OK to confirm deleting or CANCEL to dismiss the changes.
Note: Deleting a user or users will permanently remove that user(s) from School Passport. This action cannot be undone. If you delete a user by mistake, you will have to reenter all the information of the user(s) and assign role(s)/group(s) from scratch.