Google Certificate courses can be integrated into Schoology using LTI 1.3 technology. Once a Google Certificate course(s) is enabled in the Schoology environment, following the instructions in this document, users will be able to perform Single Sign-On to Google Certificate course(s) right from the Schoology learning management system (LMS) and learning results will be synced from Qwiklabs to Schoology LMS.
The integration steps are the following:
- Configure Google Certificate course as an LTI tool;
- Publish the Google Certificate course in your LMS;
- Access the Google Certificate course from Schoology;
- Sync learning results from Qwiklabs to Schoology.
The detailed instructions are given below.
Configuring Qwiklabs as an LTI tool
- Login to Schoology as an Administrator.
- Navigate to My Developer Apps in App Center, and click +Add App:
- Enter the following information in the External tool configuration section:
App Name: ex. Qwiklabs
Description: LTI tool for Google certificate courses on Qwiklabs
Category: choose the appropriate one
Available for: Only people in my school
Logo: optional, size 150x150
Type of App – Lti 1.3 App
Uncheck "Launch app in Schoology"
Can be installed for: Courses
Configuration Type: Manual
Privacy: Send Name and Email/Username of user who launches the tool
LTI Advantage Extensions:
check “Deep linking”
check “Assignment and Grade Services”
check "Names and Roles Services"
(These checkboxes can be enabled by contacting Schoology Client Success Managers or Support team for no charge).
JWKS URL: https://qwiklabs.gg4l.com/ims/lti/.well-known/jwks.json
OIDC Login Init URL: https://qwiklabs.gg4l.com/lti/tools/login_initiations
Redirect URLs: https://qwiklabs.gg4l.com/auth/lti13/SSO,https://api.gg4l.com/datahub/services/ims/lti/v1p3/deep_link
Click Submit to save the application.
- Find the created Qwiklabs Application in My Developer Apps, click API info, and copy Client ID:
- Find the created Qwiklabs Application in the list of your Developer Apps, and click Install LTI 1.3 App:
- Click “I Agree” and “Continue” in the “Install LTI 1.3 App” modal windows, then “Add to organization”:
- Find the application in the list of Organisation Apps in the App Center and click “Configure”:
- Copy the Deployment ID and click “Save Settings”:
- Go back to the “Organization Apps” view, click “Instal/Remove”, check the checkbox “All Courses” and hit “Submit”:
- A pop-up window will inform you about successful App activation:
11. Before moving on to the next step, Publishing Qwiklabs courses in your LMS, please send the following values to GG4L Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email:
Authentication request URL: https://lti-service.svc.schoology.com/lti-service/authorize-redirect
Public keyset URL: https://lti-service.svc.schoology.com/lti-service/.well-known/jwks
Access token URL: https://lti-service.svc.schoology.com/lti-service/access-token
Client ID: from Step 4
Deployment ID: from Step 8
Publishing Google Certificate courses in your LMS
This section describes publishing Qwiklabs Course(s) into a Schoology course shell.
- On the Course view page, click “Add Materials” in the Materials tab, and choose the Qwiklabs application that was created in the previous steps.
- A new window with the content will open. On the top, there is the name of the Learning Program. Please, choose the course you need to publish and click “Submit”:
- The link is now published in the Materials section:
Please note: the Material will be present in the Gradebook only after a Category is assigned to the published Material. It can be done by clicking the Gear icon -> edit -> choosing a Category.
Accessing Qwiklabs Course from Schoology
- To access the Qwiklabs course, the LMS learner should navigate to the corresponding Schoology course and click the link to the Qwiklabs course in the Materials view:
Please note: It is recommend opening the link in a new tab so the user can return to their Schoology page if needed.
- After opening the link the learner will see the processing window for signing into Qwiklabs:
- After a successful redirect the teacher or learner has to accept the Qwiklabs Terms of Service:
Syncing learning results from Qwiklabs to Blackboard
To examine the learning results from Qwiklabs for learners, who are enrolled in the course, LMS Instructor navigates to the Gradebook of the course:
The Qwiklabs redirect links are published as assignments, and as a result - a new column for the course grade is automatically created in the grade book as soon as there is the first grade. The grades appear in the grade book within 48 hours after the student completes the course and receives the final grade. Grades are sent on a scale of 0 -100 points.