Product: SP Connect (Data-Sync) Module
Privileges: Primary Admin privileges
Audience: ✅District Admin ✖️Vendor Admin
Usually, data-sharing requests are sent from the Ed-Tech Vendor to districts/schools, and District Admin only reviews it, sets the expiration time, and approves it. However, there is a way for the district Admin to create a data-sharing request for the Ed-tech vendor.
To send a Data-Sharing request for Ed-Tech Vendor, please follow the instruction below:
- Log into School Passport, navigate to the Connect (Data-Sync) module;
- On the left sidebar navigate to the Application Gallery;
- In the Application Gallery, find the desired application and click on it;
- Click on the ACTIVATE button;
- Data Access Consent will appear. On the data Data Access Consent page, you can select which schools’ roster data needs to be shared;
- Enable PII Shield, which excludes PII data from the sharing (optional). For more details about PII Shield, please click here.
- Select Attributes to exclude from data sharing by unchecking the corresponding checkboxes (optional);
- Also, it is possible to add Filter Rules and add attachments (optional);
- Set up Expiration Time. The Expiration Time is the period within which the district's data will be available for Ed-Tech vendors;
Note: After the selected date roster data will not be available for the Ed-Tech Vendor.
- Click on the blue ACTIVATE button. A pop-up window with the Data Access Consents Summary will appear. Review it and click on the SEND REQUEST button.
- You will see a confirmation window with pending approval. You will get a notification once the Ed-Tech Vendor approves a data-sharing request.