Discover how the dashboard can help District Admin manage student data with ease.
In this article
The School Passport Connect module enables District Admins to efficiently access authorized learning applications, synchronize and access various types of data, including grades, between them.
The interface in School Passport Connect is designed to provide you with a user-friendly and intuitive way to manage your School Passport account.
The following screen highlights the key elements of the District Admin interface:
- Left navigation pane: Find what you need with the left navigation pane. The left navigation pane shows the following menu items:
- Home: Takes you to the School Passport Connect home page with all apps that are activated for your district.
- Application Gallery: Allows you to find and activate new apps that you want to use in your district. If the app you need is not yet added to the School Passport, you can request us to add it by clicking the Ask GG4L to Add Vendor on the top right.
- AppStore: Accesses to the School Passport`s SSO and provisioning module, AppStore.
- PII Governance Console: Navigates to the School Passport`s module for monitoring personally identifiable information (PII) usage.
- Data Sync History: Monitors and controls the history of data synchronization with different data sources and data sharing with all your apps.
- Data Quality: Controls the quality of data that is received from the data sources and provided to the Vendor.
- My Rules: Data quality errors related to the data received from the SIS.
- App Rules: Data quality errors related to the data provided to the Vendor.
- Duplicates: List of duplicates that have been identified in the data received from SIS. Here you can also manage the rules for detecting duplicates - Master Fields and Domains of Uniqueness.
- PII Shield: Data masking tools that enable you to protect and anonymize personal data that you share with apps.
- Data Browsing: Reviews, searches, filters, and explores the data that has been shared with apps. Also, you can view and analyze data attributes, such as field names and data types, and can preview a sample of the data. There are three types of data:
- Rostering: All data received by School Passport from your district/school.
- Gradebook: Data related to the grades received by the students. The data of the students who have passed a course and have already received a score or a grade is displayed here. Those who have not received a grade yet will not be displayed here.
- Resource: All learning content that is related to a course and/or a class.
- Administration: Creates, edits, and deletes admins, assigns them primary permissions, and notifications to be enabled by default for new admin accounts. Also, pauses data import from SISes on the data rollover period (school year or semester rollover).
- OneRoster Compatibility Check: Provides information on the certification received by GG4L for meeting the Standards First - Compatibility Check Certification. This certification ensures that our products and services are compatible with industry standards and can operate effectively in various environments.
- Search: Use the Search to find apps or find schools in your district. To find an app, start typing one or more characters in the search bar. When you find the app you want to start working with, select it, and then on the app`s detail page click Activate.
- Help: Get help while working with your app using the built-in help. On the Help menu:
- Help Center: A compilation of help topics.
- Run Tutorial: Step-by-step lessons on School Passport UI and features.
- Tutorials: Playing tutorials from the current moment, not from the very beginning. For example, if you're on the Data Quality page and you need more information about its functionality, by checking the checkbox on this page, you'll run a tutorial that covers only this particular page.
- Profile settings: Select the profile dropdown to perform tasks, such as editing personal and organizational information, or restoring your password.
- Application area: Watch and manage connected apps. Simply choose the desired app to view more details.
An application details page helps you explore, monitor, and leverage activated apps. When you select and activate an app in the Application Gallery, or Search, the dashboard for that app appears.
The application details page:
- Shows you information about the app, including description, endorsement, and sensitivity.
- Provides actions that you can perform on the app, such as sharing/importing data, creating filters, and more.
- Lists the data quality issues that are built on top of the dataset.
The following screen highlights the key elements of the application page:
- App info: Displays the following information about the application :
Details: name, logo, website (if any)
Sensitivity PII data status (if set)
Expiration date (If Export)
- Alerts bar: Shows three types of notifications: informational, warning, and error.
App details tabs: Shows a list of options you can view and customize from an app details page.
Overview - An app sync details like how many users or schools were shared or imported.
Consents - A list of consents associated with the data sources in your district. With this tab, you can manage and track the consents obtained from an app, as well as ensure compliance with relevant data protection regulations. Exports only.
History - A timeline of the full app lifecycle from the moment it's created until it's completely deleted with all syncs.
Data Quality - Data quality details, including detected duplicates (Import only), data quality issues, safety threshold reports, and a list of mandatory data (data Requirements).
Filter Rules - Filters, that restrict the data set to contain only the data that satisfy a specific condition.
App settings: Uses for reviewing and managing app-level settings.
- Delete application: Select this icon to remove the app from your district account.
- Credentials: Select this icon to copy the API or SFTP credentials of the app.
- Download CSV templates: Select this icon to upload a template of the roster data in (into) the CSV format (SFTP Application only).
- Settings: Select this icon to manage app-level settings.
- Next sync: Select this link to customize the sync schedule.
- Run: Click to run sync immediately. To ensure daily data synchronization, set up a Schedule.